Focus the Fire 021 – Phone call vs. Email: Real business still requires real connections
Article 1: “Emails Only, Please: 10 Reasons Phone Calls Are A Waste of Time” by Jason DeMers (Forbes.com Contributor)
Article 2: “Why a Phone Call Is Better Than an Email (Usually)” by Ross Mccammon (Entrepreneur.com Contributor)
- Consider whether this warrants a call.
- Is this your first crucial interaction? Yes, call.
- Do you need a quick yes/no, or do you need to understand how they feel about an issue? Yes, call.
- Send an agenda before the call just like a live meeting. This focuses everyone’s mind on the specific issues or outcomes you want to achieve.
- Set a time expectation. “This should take us about 30 minutes. I value your time so we will do our honor that with an efficient conversation.” This says (politely) let’s keep small talk to a minimum and get to work because we are all busy.
- Help people prepare by sending material they need to review in advance.
- Send a manual or automated reminder.
Put some rocket fuel in your career, grow faster, make deeper connections and more money.
For more information visit focusthefire.com and join the community list to get fire in your inbox.
Facebook|Instagram|Twitter: @focusthefire (show) or @dalanv (host)