Today we’re on the mic with Jamila Abston, who is a Partner with Ernst & Young LLP New York. Jamila worked, networked and earned her place in the top tier of corporate leadership. Featured in Black Enterprise and interviewed on Inside the ICE House podcast with the NY Stock Exchange, she joins us on Focus The Fire to give you the tactics she used to blaze this trail.
Learn how to build a career smart and fast!
This is interview is loaded with insider secrets and practical steps you can start taking TODAY to change the direction and velocity of your professional development. Here are a few of the gems you’ll find inside:
- Navigating office politics
- Work-life balance vs. Work-life integration
- How to attract the right type of attention in the office
- How to sound the alarm that you are built for leadership and ready for more responsibility
- Using volunteer work to build your skill and network while helping other people
Listen, this is the talk you wish someone gave you one month before you started your career. If you’re reading this, it’s not too late. Tune in for a five course meal of tactical career advice from someone who broke the norms and obtained massive success.
*This episode is a bit longer than our usual 15-20 minutes, but trust me, you don’t want to miss a single drop of this powerful information.
Question of the day:
What is the biggest challenge stopping your career from growing to the next level of success? (Comment below or on twitter)