15 Tips for getting a bank loan approved
- Think of the bank like an investor, rather than a Lender. Sell yourself.
- Make sure your ask is realistic for your financial position.
- How banks actually make money. Interest and Commissions/fees.
- How debt to income actually works. Basic versus disposable income or expense consideration
- Start getting your finances in order at least one year before you apply.
- Eliminate or minimise other debts, especially those with high interest rates like credit cards or unsecured personal loans.
- Speak with the banks to understand their requirements and application process.
- Help your loan officer make your case! One phone call can be worth 5 emails. If the bank is willing, keep the process human. Have documented sources of income. Make sure that side hustle is legit. Bring receipts.
- Financial reputation and credit history matter!
- Professional reputation matters. Who are you and why should we partner with you?
- Try to avoid giving information in small pieces. Causes delays.
- Present your information in a neat concise manner. Provide detail or explanatory notes where needed. Get help preparing this if needed.
- Get the right type of appraisal. Ask if there is a list of recommended or approved appraisers.
- Understand the upfront fees: Loan Fee / Commitment fee, appraisal, taxes, legal
- Bring your patience and start early.
Essential financial advice for ambitious young professionals.
[fusebox_track_player url="https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/focusthefire/FTF_Episode_187-Own_A_Home__Part_4.mp3" title="187 - Own A Home? (Part 4): How to Save Money For a House" social_linkedin="true" social_pinterest="true" social_email="true"...
[fusebox_track_player url="https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/focusthefire/FTF_Episode_185_-_Own_A_Home_-_Part_2.mp3" title="185 - Own A Home? (Part 2): Rent or Buy?" social_linkedin="true" social_pinterest="true" social_email="true" hashtag="FtheFirepod"...
[fusebox_track_player url="https://traffic.libsyn.com/secure/focusthefire/FTF_Episode_184_-_Own_A_Home_-_Part_1.mp3" title="184 - Own A Home - Part 1: How to get your 1st house and start building real estate wealth" social_linkedin="true" social_pinterest="true"...